Hey guys! I am back with a yummy recipe to fill you up while you yell at your favorite team on the tv screen. Game day bites: Honey Sriracha wings!
This recipe is SO easy. I’ve been testing it out all weekend, going through a few batches of wings to ensure that I got it just right. I’m pretty sure this wing recipe is my best yet.
What you will need
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Pack of chicken wings
- Almond Oil
- Seasoning (I used Bragg’s Herbs and Spices seasoning)
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish
You don’t NEED to have a roasting pan with a rack (what you would use to cook a turkey), but it does help so that the bottoms of the wings aren’t soggy.
Before cooking the wings, I like to soak it in a mixture of salt, vinegar, water and juice from a freshly squeezed lime. This cleans it, cuts the fat and makes it a little juicier when it cooks. You don’t have to do this step, but if you want to get the most flavor you can, then I would suggest it.
- Pat your wings dry and season it with your seasonings. Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Place them on your roasting rack and place in the oven at 420 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use your basting brush to coat the wings with your Almond Oil
I use this oil because it can heat up to almost 500 degrees without burning. Adding a coat of Almond Oil to the chicken before the sauce enables the wings to get a good crisp going. We don’t want to deep fry the wings, so baking it to a crisp is key.
- Bake them for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your Honey Sriracha mixture
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Almond Oil, as much Sriracha as you can handle, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Use your basting brush and coat your chicken with your sauce.
- Place in in the oven for another 15 minutes
Remove form oven and sprinkle with your sesame seeds and serve!
It is so easy to make, it’s not even funny. I made this recipe 40 minutes because I really like my wings to be as crispy as possible, but you can make these in 25-30 minutes if you’d like and it’ll still come out delicious because of the savory, yet sweet honey Sriracha sauce.
Question of the Day: What are your go-to Game Day Bites?
Leave a comment below!