Since consciously incorporating more detox inducing foods into my diet (foods that aid the kidney and liver in cleaning out the body) I’ve been collecting detox friendly recipes for inspiration. When I think of the word detox, I automatically think of liquids, green liquids to be exact, and a very hangry detox participant. My outlook on what a detox is has been wrong this whole time and I am thoroughly enjoying getting to rediscover belly beneficial foods. This dish is high in anti-oxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, supports the digestive tract, regulates blood sugar, and much more!
What you will need
– lean ground turkey (white meat)
-vegan, almond milk mozzarella cheese
- Bake the butternut squash (seasoned with light salt, pepper and EVOO) in the oven for 30 minutes at 425 degrees
- While the butternut squash is cooking, cook the ground turkey (seasoned lightly with salt and pepper), breaking it apart to ensure all parts are cooked
- Add your rice and black beans. Cook until the ground turkey is mostly cooked through
- After 30 minutes, remove the squash from the oven and add it to the mixture. Add a handful of vegan cheese, and mix together
- Add your mixture to a baking dish, topping it with cheese, and bake in the oven for another 30 minutes
- Serve with a side of veggies and you have a filling and delicious, detox friendly meal
If you want, you may also add even more beneficial ingredients such as kale, spinach or corn!
Question of the Day: What type of recipes do you like to make with any ingredient used in this post?
Leave a comment below!