You guys thought I was just spewing out words when I wrote about going on this quest for serious balance in my life, huh? Nope! I’m getting genuinely serious about my health and am ready to open up my mind, body, soul and wallet to ensuring I live this balanced life I always talk about living. It was with great pleasure that I had the opportunity to collaborate with Ashley and Katie Hess of The Party of 2. If you’re following them on Instagram (if not, what the heck are you waiting for?!), then you know their feed is not only aesthetically pleasing due to it’s perfect curation of their travels and outfit posts, but they’re also pretty big foodies too!
I admire that they seem to lead a balanced life when it comes to their food choices and workout routines (check them out on snapchat too! @thepartyoftwo) and was stoked to get the scoop on their favorite go-to green smoothie bowl for all of my readers to try at home.
So without further ado, take it away ladies!…..
(A+K): We all have those nights of overindulgence. Maybe you had one too many martinis or stayed out a few more hours than intended or than your head would have liked the next morning. Whatever the case, we’ve got your quick fix for finding your center of balance again. When it comes down to it, food influences the way we feel and can act as our greatest medicine when we choose to let it. So whenever we feel that our bodies are in need of a little lovin’, we pull out our blender, turn to our refrigerator, and go diving. The result always tends to take some form of an energizing smoothie bowl, but the one we’ve concocted here tends to be our most often made. Check out the recipe below and try your hand at our greenest go-to!
Go-To Green Smoothie Bowl:
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut water (milk is creamier option of the two)
– 3/4 frozen banana
– 1 cup chopped, frozen kale
– Pomegranate Seeds
– Chia Seeds
– Dried Mulberries
– Flax Seeds
– Dried Goji Berries
– Hemp Seeds
– Frozen Blueberries
– Fresh Raspberries
– Powdered Peanut Butter
1. Pour almond milk or coconut water in blender. Place banana and kale in next, and add scoop of vegan protein powder. Secure the top of the blender so you don’t have a mess of green slime all over your kitchen.
2. Blend on high for about a minute or until smooth. Make sure you blend well, no chunks allowed.
3. Pour into bowl.
4. Top with your favorite seeds, granola, nut butter, and fruit. Grab spoon, take it to the face, and resist using your finger to lick the bowl.
*All ingredients are organic*
Thanks Ashley and Katie for sharing your go-to green smoothie bowl! I feel healthier just looking at the pictures. Try your hand at making this bowl and tag @thesweetsceneblog on Instagram! I’d love to see your different creations.